The Avondale Fire Company was dispatched for a reported automobile accident at Baltimore Pike and Reese Street. Ambulance 23-2 responded and was advised of two subjects being trapped in a pickup truck. Chester County Fire Board quickly upgraded the assignment to entrapment adding Medic 94. Ambulance 23-2 arrived to confirm the report of two occupants trapped. Rescue 23 arrived and began extricating the patient from the driver side of the truck. Extrication was completed within 10 minutes after arrival of the crews.
As units were clearing the accident scene when a medical call was being alerted in the first due district. Rescue 23 made the response and assisted the cover company.
As Rescue 23 was clearing the medical assist, a gas leak call came in for Scarlett Road. Rescue 23 arrived to find a 1 story commercial building that was evacuated. Engine 23-1 and Rescue 23 crews worked together to find a leaking HVAC unit. Crews secured the leak and unit.