|Gas Leak in Avondale Borough|
|By T.J. Male, Fire Police|
|July 30, 2020|
At 6:02pm on Monday, July 27th, Avondale Fire Company was dispatched for a gas leak at a residence in the 300 block of Third Street in Avondale Borough. Crews arrived to find a large volume of natural gas discharging from a ruptured gas line which also produced a strong odor of gas in the area. Residents were evacuated and firefighters connected hoses to the nearby hydrant in case of fire. PECO was called to the scene and stopped the leak. Firefighters entered the residence several times during the emergency event to check gas levels to ensure that the house was not being filled with natural gas.
For the safety of the emergency responders and residents of the community, Avondale Fire Company's fire police closed multiple roads surrounding the area to prevent people and vehicles from entering the emergency scene.
Crews cleared the scene around 8:25pm.
Thank you West Grove Fire Company for providing the Engine stand-by during this emergency incident.
|Units:||Chief 23, Engine 23-1, Rescue 23, Ambulance 23, Squad 23, Fire Police 23|