At 1748 hours, Avondale Fire Company was dispatched for a reported building fire at the Bowling Green Inn. Also dispatched for the incident were Kennett, Po-Mar-Lin, West Grove, Hockessin, and Cochranville Fire Companies. It was reported to inbound crews that a cigarette had caused an exterior wall to ignite. Deputy 23 arrived at 1751 hours and reported that the fire was out, however there was a smoke condition inside. The assignment was reduced to Avondale units. The crew from Engine 23-1 set up Positive Pressure Ventilation to eliminate the smoke. Crews cleared the scene shortly thereafter.